Axe Throwing & Rec Lounge
Welcome to the Wreck Room at Roundhouse!
PHONE: (218) 961 - 0132
Axe-throwing has been around for centuries, but it’s been making a big comeback, especially with crowds that already love Vikings, Paul Bunyan, and craft beer! Sound familiar?
No experience? No problem! In the Wreck Room, your Coach will be with you every step of the way to teach you how to throw and maintain a safe environment (no real wrecks here!). You’ll be playing games in no time.
To add to your experience, your Coach doubles as your Beertender during your throwing time! We are proud to serve a limited selection of Roundhouse craft beers and nonalcoholic beverages, and will accommodate requests as much as we are able.
A limited number of spectators are welcome to join in to watch friends and family throw, and all are welcome to enjoy activities and relax in our Lounge area.
HOURS OF OPERATION
Wednesday & Thursday 4-9pm
Friday & Saturday 1-9pm
How to prepare for your visit
Make a reservation! You can do so online or over the phone. See below . . .
Put on your CLOSED-TOED SHOES!
Sandals are okay IF they cover your toes. You MUST be wearing closed-toed shoes in order to throw axes.
OPTIONAL: Stop by the Taproom to see our full beverage offerings and grab a drink to bring upstairs.
Arrive in the Wreck Room up to 10 minutes before the start of your reservation to check in and fill out your waivers.
Listen to your Coach's safety briefing and instructions.
That's it! You're throwing axes! Ready for a game?
The Wreck Room, like the Taproom, is a family-friendly space.
Participants must be 14+ years old to throw axes.
*All participants under 18 must be accompanied by a guardian over the age of 21 who will co-sign their waiver. This guardian may be a thrower or spectator and must be present at all times and able to provide photo ID.*
ALL ARE WELCOME in the Wreck Room, even those who can't throw. Let us know when you book if you will have some spectators. We'll have activities ready for anyone under 14 years old.
PLEASE, NO FOOD IN THE WRECK ROOM . . .
At this time, due to limited table space and to prevent grease and grime on our equipment, we request food be limited to the Taproom and Event Center.
For groups of 4+, we offer a $20+tax/person/hour rate. All regular reservations are for one hour.
For more information about private event pricing and packages, please contact our Event Coordinator at [email protected]
It is customary to tip Coaches/Servers who provide excellent instruction and service. Thank you!
We are able to accommodate no more than SIX throwers per lane.
To ensure availability of multiple lanes at the same time, please use the contact form below, call 218-961-0132, or e-mail us at [email protected] to book your reservation for more than six throwers.
Reservations are highly encouraged, though we will accommodate walk-ins to the best of our ability. Please book your reservation for single lanes online below:
To request a reservation of multiple lanes or ask any questions about our regular operations, please use this form or call (218) 961-0132 during our business hours.
For EVENTS/PARTIES: Please contact [email protected] for pricing, packages, and availability.
Rules and Recommendations:
- Closed-toed shoes are a MUST! No high-heels.
- Each lane can accommodate up to 6 throwers and 2 spectators.
- We recommend a 1-hour reservation for a group of new throwers to learn the ropes, practice, and get to play a few games.
- You must be 14+ to participate in axe-throwing and MUST have a parent/guardian present if under 18. All participants over 18, and guardians of minors (even if spectating), must be prepared to provide valid photo identification in order to check in to their event.
- Coaches reserve the right to halt any individual or group’s throwing session for any reason without refund. Coaches will not allow any inebriated individual to throw.
- It is the responsibility of the axe-thrower to arrive on time and ready to throw, and follow all safety protocols and instructions from Wreck Room Coaches.
- Cancellation/adjustment one week or earlier than the scheduled reservation may receive a full refund or reschedule.
- Cancellations/adjustments less than one week in advance qualify for a 50% refund or reschedule.
- Less than 24 hours or a no-show completely forfeits all paid fees.
- As mandates change, we will be adjusting our protocols and eventually opening more lanes! Stay tuned!