Axe Throwing & Rec Lounge
Welcome to the Wreck Room at Roundhouse!
We are excited to be the first axe-throwing venue in the Brainerd Lakes area.
Axe-throwing has been around for centuries, but it’s been making a big comeback, especially with crowds that already love Vikings, Paul Bunyan, and craft beer! Sound familiar?
No experience? No problem! In the Wreck Room, your Coach will be with you every step of the way to teach you how to throw and maintain a safe environment (no real wrecks here!). You’ll be playing games in no time.
To add to your experience, your Coach doubles as your Beertender during your throwing time! We are proud to serve a limited selection of Roundhouse craft beers and nonalcoholic beverages, and will accommodate requests as much as we are able.
A limited number of spectators are welcome to join in to watch friends and family throw, and all are welcome to enjoy activities and relax in our Lounge area.
HOURS OF OPERATION
Friday & Saturday 2-9pm
The Wreck Room, like the Taproom, is a family-friendly space.
Participants must be 14+ years old to throw axes.
*All participants under 18 must be accompanied by a guardian over the age of 21 who will co-sign their waiver. This guardian may be a thrower or spectator and must be present at all times and able to provide photo ID.*
Spectators must be 12+ to watch in the Range area.
Children under 12 are welcome to enjoy games and activities in our adjacent lounge area!
*Children 6 and under must be directly accompanied by a guardian at all times in the Wreck Room.*
We will now be serving a limited selection of Roundhouse craft brews in the Wreck Room! Beer selection subject to change at any time. You are still welcome to bring your first round up from the Taproom (in plastic!) if you wish.
For groups of 4+, we offer a $20/person/hour rate.
For more information about private event pricing, please use our contact form below.
It is customary to tip Coaches/Servers who provide excellent instruction and service. Thank you!
We are able to accommodate no more than SIX throwers per lane. To ensure availability of multiple lanes at the same time, please use the contact form below or call to book your reservation for more than six throwers.
Reservations are highly encouraged, though we will accommodate walk-ins to the best of our ability. Please book your reservation for single lanes online below:
To enquire about our private event options, reserve multiple lanes, or ask any questions, please use this form or call (218) 961-0132.
Rules and Recommendations:
- Closed-toed shoes are a MUST! No high-heels.
- Each lane can accommodate up to 6 throwers and 2 spectators.
- We recommend a 1-hour reservation for a group of new throwers to learn the ropes, practice, and get to play a few games.
- You must be 14+ to participate in axe-throwing and MUST have a parent/guardian present if under 18. All participants over 18, and guardians of minors (even if spectating), must be prepared to provide valid photo identification in order to check in to their event.
- Coaches reserve the right to halt any individual or group’s throwing session for any reason without refund. Coaches will not allow any inebriated individual to throw.
- It is the responsibility of the axe-thrower to arrive on time and ready to throw, and follow all safety protocols and instructions from Wreck Room Coaches.
- Cancellation one week or earlier than the scheduled reservation may receive a full refund or reschedule. Cancellations less than one week in advance qualify for a 50% refund. Less than 24 hours or a no-show completely forfeits all paid fees.
- We will not mix unfamiliar groups into the same lane.
- We are utilizing every other lane to allow for social distancing.
- Masks must be worn in the Wreck Room at all times.
- Children over 2 (and adults) participating in games/activities in the Lounge will be required to wear masks at all times.
- Areas and equipment will be disinfected between each group’s use.
- All Wreck Room surfaces will be disinfected regularly.